Monday, April 27, 2009

My carbon footprint

In the past week I measured my footprint in http:/footprint.wwt.org.uk and it was 4.09 planets which I don’t have because we have only one planet.
Carbon footprint is the total greenhouse gases caused by individuals, organizations and products. The average footprint for the students in the class is 3.67 which is bad because we have one planet and we are 20 students. The highest number in the class was 5.10 which is high and the person who has it needs to work on it to reduce it. In my carbon footprint the thing I dominate in is traveling which has 42% which is nearly half my footprint. Then I got 27% on the stuff I buy which is a big number. I also got 16% at home which is using A/C and other stuff. Finally I got 15% on food which is a good number. I really need to reduce my carbon footprint because it’s high.
People have got to be more careful about how they live their life because we have only got one planet and it’s precious so we have got to work to keep it clean and healthy for our children and grandchildren. We also need some laws to protect the environment so our earth will last longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment